This card is a wedding invitation. The light blue paper came from the Simply Scrappin’ Love Stories kit I have been playing with. The medium blue cardstock has been stamped with a Stampin’ UP wheel called Perfectly Pretty in the color Brilliant Blue. The image of a woman in a wedding dress is a Stamptivity stamp stamped on vellum and then colored in with colored pencils. I love how the patterned paper shows through the vellum.
Time Needed: 20 Minutes
two coordinating blue patterned papers
Stamptivity wedding and stationery text set
black ink pad
computer font or black pen
4 pink mini brads
light pink ribbon
small hole punch or exacto knife
1. Cut one of the pieces of patterned paper to measure 8.5inches by 5.5inches. Fold in half. This is the card base.
2. Cut the other piece of patterned paper to measure 3.75inches by 5inches. Attach this piece to the center of the front of the card.
3. Using a computer word processing program, print the words “Save the Date” in the font of your choice onto the pink cardstock.
4. Cut out the word so that the piece of cardstock is 4.25inches across and make sure there is a large space on the cardstock underneath the lettering.
5. Attach a strip of light pink ribbon across the pink cardstock underneath the lettering.
6. Stamp the image of a woman in a wedding dress on the vellum using black ink. Once dry, cut the vellum to measure 2.5inches by slightly less than 5inches.
7. To attach the vellum image, position the vellum piece onto the card base slightly off centered. Hold the vellum in place and hole punch in the corners of the vellum through all the layers of the front of the card. Holes can also be made by making slits in the layers using an exacto knife. Attach the mini brads through the newly made holes.
8. Attach the strip of pink cardstock to the front of the card near the bottom.