Isn’t it purty??? I have never done this before. The tutorials I saw said you need UTEE (Ultra Thick Embossing Enamel), which I haven’t purchased yet. I saw a BEAUTIFUL card by hrynlds in the SCS gallery and so I tried my plain old clear embossing powder and it worked!!!
I plan on making this into a snowglobe like hrynlds did using the SU Mr. Twigster set. I decided to use the SU Winter Post set for the skaters and the SU Snow Swirls set for the tiny snowflake. The skaters are stamped using SU Riding Hood Red (In Color 08-09) and the snowflakes are stamped in SU Baja Breeze (In Color 08-09). I used a tissue to rub the ice under the skaters.
There was actually fine glitter left in my powder tray, which ended up getting mixed into my clear powder so it is also a little glittery as well, but I don’t think you can see that. It turned out so cute, I just love the look and I am so glad I can just use the regular clear embossing powder. I have been wanting to try this out since I saw it for the first time!!!
HOW TO MAKE CRACKED GLASS:
clear embossing powder
1. Stamp and crop your image.
2. Press the VersaMark over your entire stamped image piece you are using (I did the whole circle).
3. Cover the entire surface with clear embossing powder.
4. Heat until the whole surface has been embossed, don’t worry if the edges curl up some, that will add to the cracked effect.
5. Wait a moment for it to dry and repeat steps 2-4 at least 3 times.
6. When you have a good, even embossed layer over your image, stick it in the freezer for a couple of minutes.
7. Take the image our of the freezer and bend it until it is flat which will cause cracks in the embossing. To get mine all cracked up, I bent the piece back and forth a few times.