In this guide, learn how to make a mosaic background like shown here. This technique has been adapted from an article in Scrapbooks Etc.
I don’t have step by step photos, but the steps should be self explanatory (at least I hope so!)
Supplies you will need:
liquid adhesive (I used Elmers craft bond acid free)
VersaMark ink pad
Clear embossing powder
opal glitter glue (I used Stickles Star Dust)
cardstock for the base (I used Stampin’ UP Old Olive)
3-4 coordinating patterned papers (I used the DCWV Spring stack)
1. Cut the cardstock to the size you want for your finished mosaic background. My mosaic shown here is 12X 4.5inches.
2. Cut your patterned papers in shapes, I tried to make rounded pebble shapes for the most part. I actually attached my pieces as I went along so I could cut them to size as I went. Be sure to leave space between each piece of patterned paper. When gluing the pieces down, make sure to glue all the edges down very well. Make sure to let some pieces go right to the edge of the cardstock.
3. When the patterned papers are all glued down, it is time to cover the surface with a layer of clear embossing powder to give it a glossy raised finish. Press the VersaMark pad over the top of the mosaic, making sure to coat the whole surface with VersaMark. I worked in 4inch sections at a time so that my VersaMark wouldn’t dry. Cover the VersaMark with clear embossing powder and heat set the powder. Repeat this process until the whole mosaic is coated in a layer of embossing powder.
4. Once the surface is embossed, go over the showing cardstock with the glitter glue. This makes the “grout” sparkle.
5. Let dry and use on your project!!