**I am on a ProvoCraft/Cricut Boycott! They won’t get another dime from me! Got a Cricut? Well use it! Don’t have one yet? Consider a different machine!! Click here for more details about my boycott and how I got here!! You can join the boycott too!**
Happy Cricut Wednesday everyone!
Last Wednesday, I mentioned that I intend to show you projects featuring my Cricut cartridge. As promised, here is your next installment of Cricut Wednesday. . .
BUT first, I want to tell you that a BIG announcement is happening here at SP TOMORROW! You won’t want to miss this!
I made this cute little goody bag for a friend of mine:
- This little purse box was made using the Cricut Tags, Bags, Boxes & More cartridge. I will admit, I have hardly even touched this cartridge since I got it because. . . I found it intimidating and I only had the Cricut Machine (cuts up to 5.5inches) so I didn’t really think the boxes would work well on it. Now that I have the Cricut Expression, I am going to test it out more!
- The paper used for the outside of the box is from my June Vintage Plum kit called Alphabet Soup. This is one of the Vintage Plum brand papers (isn’t that awesome!? They design their own papers just for each monthly kit!).
- I sprayed the outside of the bag with Glimmer Mist to give it a shimmery look.
- Then I used the brand new Stampin’ UP In Color09-10, Soft Suede, to stamp a design over the patterned paper. The stamp is from the Stampin’ UP Friends 24-7 stamp set.
- The alphas is a raw chipboard! To decorate the chipboard, I sprayed it with green Glimmer Mist and then stamped using a flower from the same stamp set as the one I used in the background (Friends 24-7). Then I just colored in the image to match the purse.
- I mounted the finished alpha on a torn piece of Stampin’ UP Chocolate Chip cardstock. I crinkled up the edges to make it look more worn.
- ribbon is Stampin’ UP 1/4inch Old Olive grosgrain ribbon.