I have had many of you ask how to go about adding the SPCC blinkie to your blog so I have decided to write up some step by step instructions for how to add the blinkie if you have a blog at blogger.com ( this would be anyone using a blog address as something.blogspot.com )
To get the blinkie added:
- Go to your dashboard (go can get there from the blogger.com page where you sign in)
- Click on the “Layout” link under your blog name
- There should be a place on the page that says “add a gadget”
- When a box pops up, click on the plus sign symbol next to the gadget called “Html/java script”
- A new window should pop up that has a place for a title and then a place for text. Copy and paste the text from under the blinkie listed on the SPCC sidebar.
- Then save and you should have the blinkie!
- On the “Layout” page, you can move the widgets so you can put them in whatever order you want them to show up in.
Please Note: the blinkie doesn’t actually blink and it is not intended to blink!! I do not like things that blink so I chose to make mine not blink. :O)
If someone could email me the steps for adding the blinkie using typepad or wordpress I would really appreciate it!!