Come play along this week at SPCC http://spcolorcombos.blogspot.com!
- This is the LO I made for SP Color Combo #3 for this week. I really like the colors for this week and they came together better than I expected on my LO.
- Cardstock is Stampin’ UP Lovely Lilac (for the background) and Garden Green (for the photo mat)
- Pattern paper is DCWV and K & Company
- I distressed the edges of the paper strips with an Edge Distresser tool
- The circles on the bacground paper are from the SNEAK PEEK stamp set called Circle Circus. I stamped them in Lovely Lilac ink so they would be subtle.
- TIP: Use the same color ink and cardstock for a tone on tone effect. You can create accents and stamped backgrounds doing so.
- Alphas are Thickers (glitter ones and felt ones)
- TIP: GO with the FLOW! Let me explain. . . I had a major accident on this LO, but you would never know it (well, if I wasn’t about to explain it to you, LOL) I wanted the title to be “SPARKLE” as I was putting down the letters, I knew the alphas weren’t going to fit. I couldn’t rearrange them because there wasn’t room for them and I wanted to use the green glitter letters so I thought of a new title. It ended up working for me! SO what I mean by Go with the Flow is when something doesn’t “fit” or “work” for you, change it up!