I am sorry I am so late posting today. I was sick with a migraine since late last night, but I am feeling much better now. I will post my sneak peeks later today once I get the energy to pull out my camera :O)
Every Tuesday, I am digging into my stash and using something I have been hoarding. I have a room full of stuff and I am going to try to USE IT!! I hope you will join me and start using your own stuff more.
This week, I am playing with a monthly kit I received -the Vintage Plum June kit called Alphabet Soup! The Vintage Plum kits are the best of the best. I love their kits and I they have a great online community too. Usually I jump into my VP kits as soon as I get them, but this month, I had some kit anxiety. It was just so pretty, I didn’t want to use it up. Well this weekend, I tore into my kit and made 4 layouts with it. Here are two of them:
- All items are from the Vintage Plum kit except what I used to embellish the chipboard letters and the Stampin’ UP Bashful Blue cardstock (used for the photo mats)
- For the yellow alphas, I painted them with acrylic paint and then once dried, I covered them with Paper Glaze.
- TIP: Paper Glaze takes a LONG time to dry, I use the paper glaze as the last thing on my page and then let it dry overnight.
- Everything on this LO came with the June VP kit except the tools and the pink Glitter Thickers.
- To make the Yeah Yeah Yeah alphas, I used my Cricut and the Platin Schoolbook Cartridge. I cut the middle letters out of the same patterned paper that I used on the page.
- TIP: To attach small die cut letters, I use my Xyron X. I think I paid like $10 for it at Target and I am still on the refill that came with it.