This week, we are celebrating the beautiful Stampin’ UP stamp set “D is for Dog”. You know I am a HUGE doggie lover. We have 5 lovely babies and I would love to adopt more in the future. I have a personal mission to save and love all the doggies I possibly can.
For the new weekly segment, I plan on outlining everything step by step so you can recreate any of my projects, but you can alter them how ever you want. My hope is that you will learn something new here at Scrapmaster’s Paradise.
Can you tell I used my sketch #23 for this LO?? It is a bit different from the sketch, but I liked the clouds.
This LO below is one that is near and dear to my heart. We lost our beautiful Taylor in March and I am still not completely whole yet. I still miss her every day. She was a huge part of my life and it isn’t the same without her here. I have had this photo of her sitting in my photo stack for a long time, and when I got this stamp set, I knew what I wanted to do with the photo.
Click on the photo to see a close-up.
- background paper is from the Stampin’ UP Sweet Slumber specialty paper pack. This paper pack just retired and I haven’t used any of it until now. I may have a few paper kits left that I can list for sale, but I don’t know for sure. I need to go through my stack!
- The clouds were cut out using the Cricut Paper Pups cartridge with my Cricut Expression. I varied the size of the cloud cuts between 2.5 and 3.25inches. The paper used for them is from the DCWV Spring 09 Stack. I am pretty sure Joann’s still has this stack available online in the clearance section.
- TIP: Add dimension with Stampin’ Dimensionals! Stampin’ Dimensionals are SU’s version of foam pop dots. They are awesome! They add a great touch to any project.
- For the edges of the clouds, I added a line of Stickle Glitter Glue. Once the glitter dried, it kindof curled up the edges of the clouds, creating even more dimension.
- Title is glitter Thickers. Love em!!
- The accent under the title is a puffy Thicker accent.
- To create the journaling strips: I cut strips of paper 1/4inch thick and then wrote on them. Then I just cut between the words I wanted to have the chunks of journaling.
- To make the scallop charm up in the top right corner: Stamp D is for Dog onto Whisper White cardstock using Melon Mambo ink. Punch it out with the 1 and 3/4inch circle punch. Punch out a scallop circle out of Tangerine Tango cardstock. Attach the circle to the scallop circle. Voila! Your very own charm embellishment!! You could even add glitter or bling to the charm to make it even more fancy.
- To make the dog accent for the clouds: Stamp the dog shape onto Whisper White cardstock using Crushed Curry ink. Trim around the dog with small scissors or an xacto knife (I used scissors this time). Add a line of glitter for the color (Taylor had a purple collar so her’s was made with purple Stickles) and add a spot of glitter for the eye.