Every Tuesday, I am digging into my stash and using something I have been hoarding. I have a room full of stuff and I am going to try to USE IT!! I hope you will join me and start using your own stuff more.
For this card, I used ALL scraps! I didn’t have to cut any new sheets of cardstock. I keep all my cardstock scraps in a little Sterilite container so I can use them for the smaller stamped images or sentiments. I don’t like throwing away perfectly good pieces of cardstock.
- Card measures 5.5X4.25 inches.
- Cut the Baja Breeze cardstock to measure 5.5X4.25 inches.
- You will need two pieces of Very Vanilla cardstock: one measuring 4X5.25inches and the other measuring 2X2.5inches.
- Cut the Rich Razzleberry cardstock to measure 2.25X2.75inches.
- Cut the Kiwi Kiss cardstock to measure .75X2.5inches.
- To make the background: Place your larger piece of Very Vanilla cardstock onto a piece of scrap paper. Stamp paw prints using Rich Razzleberry. Rotate the stamp as you go and reink the stamp between each time you stamp to make sure you have enough ink. Clean and dry your stamp using Stampin’ Scrub and Stampin Mist. Next, repeat the paw prints using Baja Breeze ink. Lastly, stamp the dog bone using Kiwi Kiss ink.
- TIP: Start slow! If you are unsure how many images to stamp on your background, stamp a few shapes of each color and then slowly add more stamped images until you have the background you want. You can always add more stamps to the background, but you can’t take them off if you have too many!
- TIP: Always clean your stamps! I know some of us are bad about this (I used to be!), but it is really important to take care of your stamps. To make sure your stamps have a long life, use a stamp cleaner like Stampin’ Mist. The great thing about Stampin’ Mist is that it is also a stamp conditioner so it will keep your stamps healthy. It is super easy to clean your stamps with Stampin’ Mist when you have a Stampin’ Scrub. I may just have to show you how to use it one of these days. It is so easy!
- Attach the stamped background onto the Baja Breeze cardstock.
- Stamp the dog image onto the smaller piece of Very Vanilla cardstock using Chocolate Chip ink. You could even jazz up the stamped image with some bling for the collar.
- Attach the dog image to the Rich Razzleberry cardstock. Attach this to the background piece using Stampin’ Dimensionals to add some dimension to the card.
- Stamp your title onto the Kiwi Kiss cardstock using Chocolate Chip and the Stamp-a-ma-jig. For a step by step tutorial using the Stamp-a-ma-jig, click here.
- Ink slightly around the edges of the Kiwi Kiss cardstock with Chocolate Chip ink.
- Attach your sentiment to the card and Voila! You have a doggie card!!
Supply List: **Some items are retired and not listed below
- 115784 D is for Dog Stamp Set $15.95
- 104430 Stampin’ Dimensionals (pack of 300) $3.95
- 101650 Very Vanilla 8.5X11inch cardstock (pack of 40) $7.50
- 115316 Rich Razzleberry 8.5X11inch cardstock (pack of 24) $5.50
- 115658 Rich Razzleberry Stampin’ Pad $5.95
- 100908 Chocolate Chip Stampin’ Pad $5.95
D IS FOR DOG WEEK 7/12-7/18
This is the color combo for this week: Kiwi Kiss, Chocolate Chip, Baja Breeze, and Rich Razzleberry.