I am still laughing at my own title because I am easily amused!! :O)
Happy Friday, and welcome to your next installment of Goodbye Stampy! Pretty soon, I will be on my way to my first exam of the semester and then on my way to Nashville for the Creating Keepsakes Convention with my mom!!!!! YEA-YA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
THANK YOU MOM!!!! My mom invited me to go because I had never been to any sort of scrapbooking convention type thing and lately, I could use a pick-me-up. It was a great surprise, although I have known for a couple of weeks. I am super excited!!! I’ve got my blog posts scheduled through the weekend so sit back and enjoy SP!
Let’s get on to the good stuff. . . GOODBYE STAMPY :O)
Each week, I will feature a project using a retired Stampin’ UP stamp set and if you have the stamp set, I hope you will share your projects on here as well, just post a link to your project using the same stamp set for that week in Mr. Linky below! I am sure I am not the only one out there with a bunch of retired stamp sets so I hope we can have some fun!
Today, my Goodbye Stampy project features the Happy Harmony stamp set:
This card was made with the Happy Harmony stamp set. I was not around when this stamp set retired. I acquired this stamp set from a friend of mine when she was cleaning out some space (Thanks MeMe!!!). I thought this set was begging to be used on a distressed card so here is what resulted!
- Background cardstock is Creamy Caramel cardstock. I distressed the edges and sponged them with Soft Suede ink.
- I stamped the flowers with Soft Suede ink and didn’t re-ink my stamp between stamping so the images got lighter and the center flowers looked the darkest. Then I sponged around the stamped flowers with Rich Razzleberry ink.
- Sentiment was colored with a Rich Razzleberry marker and a Chocolate Chip Marker. I love the way the multicolored writing looks!
- TIP: Make sure to breathe or “huff” on to your stamp when you are done coloring with the marker and RIGHT BEFORE you stamp with it to re-moisten the ink. That way you will get a beautiful stamped image every time!
- Sentiment is stamped onto Very Vanilla cardstock. The edges were distressed and sponged with Soft Suede ink.
If you create a project with the Happy Harmony stamp set, enter a direct link to your project below: