Here’s my layout this week for the challenge over at Practical Scrappers. The challenge this week was fun punches and I thought. . . what could be more fun than pumpkins and a turkey?!?!? HA HA HA!!
So I dug deep and found these photos from 2006 so I could scrap them (I wrote the wrong date on the journaling so I have to go back and redo it! Shucks!!).
The punched pumpkin and punched turkey are super easy to make when you have the right tools all you need are 4 punches (and you could even substitute for one!!). I did not come up with these on my own, I have seen very similar punch animals many other places around blog land.
- To make the Turkey Punch Animal: Using the Stampin’ UP Scallop Circle Punch, punch out one scallop circle out of Kraft Cardstock and two scallop circles out of Soft Suede cardstock. Using the Stampin’ UP Heart to Heart Punch, punch out a tiny heart using Only Orange cardstock. Using the Stampin’ UP Scallop Oval Punch, punch out two scallop ovals in each of the following colors: Only Orange, Dusty Durango, and Crushed Curry cardstock. Assemble the pieces as shown on the layout, and attach two google eyes to complete the turkey.
- To make the Punch Pumpkin: Using the Stampin’ UP Large Oval Punch, punch out one oval out of Only Orange cardstock and two ovals out of Dusty Durango cardstock. To make the stem, simply cut a small strip of Garden Green cardstock. Attach the Garden Green strip to the backside of the Only Orange punch out and then assemble the punches as shown on the layout to complete the pumpkin.
- TIP: For added dimension, you could assemble the punch outs for the pumpkin or the turkey using some Stampin’ Dimensionals!!
- The title was cut using the Cricut Calligraphy Collection cartridge and Crushed Curry cardstock.
- The Journaling shape was also made out of Crushed Curry cardstock and the same cartridge. I stamped the turkey onto the journaling shape. This turkey is a single Stampin’ UP stamp called Gobble, Gobble available from the Holiday Mini catalog. Then I did my journaling with my Basic Black Stampin’ Write Marker.
- All the patterned paper is from DCWV’s Indian Summer Fall Stack.