Each Saturday, I hope to have a Stampin’ With Sami (SWS) Lesson for you -in the form of a tutorial with step-by-step photos. It will either be a fancy technique or a cool new way to use a product. Today, I am showing you the AMAZING Stampin’ UP Build a Brads! These are the coolest things!!! The purpose of me bringing your these mini workshops is to hopefully convince you to become one of my lovely customers :O)
I will share all my card details in a separate blog post tomorrow, but in this lesson, we are going to concentrate on the tiny little snowman brad in the center of the giant snowflake. See that snowman brad???? I MADE IT!!!!!!!!! Isn’t that awesome?! I am going to show you how to make your own neat little brads today!
- Build a Brad set -these are in the accessories section of the Stampin’ UP Idea Book and catalog (In the IBC 2009 Page 179, second item on the page, you have a choice of Pewter or Antique Brass. I am using Pewter here)
- Cardstock –Whisper White cardstock used here
- 1/2 inch circle punch
- Stamp of your choice –The More The Merrier stamp set used here
- Ink and or Stampin’ UP Markers -Stampin’ UP Basic Black Classic Ink, Brocade Blue marker, and Bermuda Bay marker used here
- Adhesive -Tombo Multi Adhesive used here (the kind in the green & white bottle)
A neat little perk about the Build a Brad sets is they come in this cute little tin!!
And the build a brad parts are organized in the little tin! Very nice!!
1. Stamp your image. I wanted to color my image in so I picked a waterproof ink, Stampin’ UP Basic Black Classic Ink, to stamp my image. Stampin’ UP’s Basic Gray and Basic Brown Classic Inks are also waterproof. TIP: Make sure to let the waterproof ink dry completely!