Each Saturday, I hope to have a Stampin’ With Sami (SWS) Lesson for you -in the form of a tutorial with step-by-step photos. It will either be a fancy technique or a cool new way to use a product. The purpose of me bringing your these mini workshops is to hopefully convince you to become one of my lovely customers :O)
Today, I am going to show you an awesome and easy glitter technique. I call this one Glittery Cupcakes because to me it looks like icing!!
- Cupcake Stamp (Cupcake stamp used here is from the Stampin’ UP The More the Merrier stamp set, which is a hostess set. Stampin’ UP’s Crazy for Cupcakes stamp set would be a perfect set to use for this technique too!!)
- Crystal Effects (DO NOT use substitutions!! I have tried other brands of paper glaze and they are NOT equal, get the Stampin’ UP brand Crystal Effects and you won’t regret it)
- Dazzling Diamonds loose glitter
- Basic Black Classic Ink (Could also use Basic Brown Classic Ink or Basic Gray Classic ink because they are also waterproof).
- Stamp-a-ma-jig if needed
- Stampin’ UP Markers
- Aqua Painter and Inks (optional for more coloring options)
- Powder Pal Tray
2. Color your image in using Stampin’ UP Markers. For extra color options, opt for the Aqua painter and pull ink from the lids of your full size ink pads. In the photo above, I colored the bottom of the cupcakes with my Stampin’ UP Markers and then colored the icing areas with the Aqua Painter using the same ink colors to give the icing a lighter shade.
3. Carefully, cover only the tops of the cupcakes with Crystal Effects. Make sure to stay inside the lines and don’t squeeze too quickly. If you have never worked with Crystal Effects before, practice on a piece of scrap paper before going straight for your cupcakes!! :O)
4. Carefully transfer your paper to your Powder Pal tray and sprinkle Stampin’ UP Dazzling Diamonds glitter over the cupcakes. Make sure to cover all the cupcake tops with glitter and then gently tap off the excess glitter into your tray.
5. Let your image dry and then use it on your project as desired!
I hope you enjoyed today’s Stampin’ With Sami Lesson! I really love any reason to use glitter :O)
I will post the full card details tomorrow along with my new Stamp set of the week reveal!! Stay tuned!!