Each Saturday, I hope to have a Stampin’ With Sami (SWS) Lesson for you -in the form of a tutorial with step-by-step photos. It will either be a fancy technique or a cool new way to use a product. Today, I am offering a storage/organization solution for you. The purpose of me bringing your these mini workshops is to hopefully convince you to become one of my lovely customers :O)
In today’s Stampin’ With Sami Lesson, I am going to show you some cool new products that just came out in the new Stampin’ UP Holiday Mini catalog AND how to use them :O)
Let me introduce you to the new Ornament Punch and the new Movers and Shapers Dies from the Holiday Windows set.
Many of us already know that Stampin’ UP makes THE best punches around, but some of us don’t know that much about the Movers and Shapers dies so I am covering a little about BOTH topics today.
On my card below, I used the ornament punch for the Whisper White ornament shape and then the Movers and Shapers ornament shaped die for the pink “shadow/outline” shape around the white. The Movers and Shapers dies are made a little bit larger than the coordinating dies so that they can do this!!! Let me show you how it’s done!
- Movers & Shapers Holiday Windows dies (ornament shape used here)
- Stamp set of your choice (Stampin’ UP Snow Buddies used for sample card, Stampin’ UP Snow Swirled used in tutorial sample)
- Ink (Stampin’ UP Bermuda Bay ink used here)
- Whisper White cardstock
- Additional Cardstock color (Regal Rose used on sample card, Bermuda Bay used for tutorial sample)
- Ornament Punch
- Big Shot Machine
- 3 Cutting Pads (the clear plastic piece)
- 1 rubber impressions mat (the flimsy black sheet)
1. Stamp your image onto your Whisper White cardstock. I used a scrap piece rather than wasting a whole new sheet of paper. I used a snowflake from the Stampin’ UP Snow Swirled stamp set for this tutorial, but for my card, I used the Stampin’ UP Snow Buddies stamp set (which is a new hostess set only available in the mini catalog).
3. Next, we will be using the Big Shot. I am going to show you how to make the “sandwich” for using the Movers & Shapers dies without the big XL dies they are supposed to fit inside. It is recommended that the dies be used with the coordinating XL dies, but you can use them individually with the correct sandwich. First, Place down 1 cutting pad.
So the sandich for Movers and Shapers dies is:
Rubber Impressions Mat
Movers & Shapers Die (Purple side down)