Each Saturday, I hope to have a Stampin’ With Sami (SWS) Lesson for you -in the form of a tutorial with step-by-step photos. It will either be a fancy technique or a cool new way to use a product. The purpose of me bringing your these mini workshops is to hopefully convince you to become one of my lovely customers :O) Your purchases from me keep this blog going.
For today’s lesson, I am going to teach you how to add ink to your Texturz plates so you have more dimension to your embossed cardstock. This is kind of a messy technique so be sure to have some handwipes or a cloth ready! :O)
- Backgrounds I Diamond Texturz Plate or plate of your choice (including accessories needed: Silicone Rubber pad, Texturz Impressions pad, and multipurpose platform)
- Bashful Blue Cardstock or color of your choice
- Rubber Brayer tool
- Not Quite Navy Classic Ink or color of your choice
- Scrap paper
- Big Shot machine
- Handwipes (optional)
1. Ink your brayer until it is well coated with ink.
2. With your Texturz plate on some scrap paper, roll your brayer over the surface of your Texturz plate.
3. Re-ink your brayer and roll it over your Texturz plate until the entire surface is coated with ink.
4. Run your cardstock through the Big Shot using the inked Texturz plate. Be careful to set your paper down without rubbing the paper across the ink.
Card details can be found here: http://thescrapmaster.blogspot.com/2009/11/christmas-greetings-card-im-big-shot.html
Your Stampin’ With Sami Shopping List contains all of the current Stampin’ UP products that I used on today’s project. Feel free to order from me anytime online through my Stampin’ UP website (click on shop now!) or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org . Be sure to sign up for my Stampin’ UP newsletter (in the sidebar)!
- 111780 Winter Post stamp set
- 115026 Lovely As A Tree stamp set
- 113439 Big Shot Machine
- 114512 Stampin’ UP Backgrounds I Texturz Plates
- 101049 Stamp-a-ma-jig
- 100730 Whisper White Cardstock 8.5X11 (40sheets)
- 105120 Bashful Blue Cardstock 8.5X11 (24sheets)
- 103139 Close to Cocoa Classic Stampin’ Pad
- 102277 Old Olive Classic Stampin’ Pad
- 103954 Aqua Painter (2pack)
- 102892 Sponge Daubers (12pack)
- 105089 Horizontal Slot punch
- 109047 Corner Rounder Punch
- 111368 1/4inch Old Olive Grosgrain ribbon
- 100052 Real Red Stampin’ Write Marker
- 100079 Old Olive Stampin’ Write Marker
- 105111 Bashful Blue Stampin’ Write Marker
- 102395 Brayer
- 103008 Not Quite Navy Classic Stampin’ Pad
Here is a photo of all the stamps in the Winter Post stamp set: