Happy Thursday everyone!!!
FYI, my weekly newsletter has been delayed until tomorrow. I didn’t get it quite finished yesterday with the madness of getting ready for my exam (and I had a paper due today), so the newsletter will be delivered on Friday this week. I just wanted to let you know that you haven’t been forgotten!
Now. . . I don’t know if you can handle this. . . it just might be THE coolest idea ever invented (no it wasn’t my idea AT ALL, so I can’t take credit for it. . .)
You know those cool mini gel pen holders for the Cricut machine??? Well if you don’t, be sure to stop by the brilliant blog of Amy Chomas. She is the creator of the mini gel pen holder AND the mini Sharpie holder for the Cricut machine! These things are made to draw, rather than cutting with a blade. . .
Amy was kind enough to send me a mini gel pen holder because she knows how much I love my Copic Markers. Long story short, Amy said Try THIS with your Copics. . . so I did. . . and it is AWESOME!!
You see that mannequin? Well I DREW it with the Cricut and the Forever Young cartridge and then colored it in with my Copics!!!
I know, awesome huh?? I can barely contain my excitement! This is just so exciting I can barely handle it! I will have to make a video because this is so awesomely mind boggling!!!
I know what I am going to be playing with over the next few days!!!
- The mannequin was drawn using Amy’s Mini Gel Pen holder. Then I colored in the design with my Copics. The mini gel pen ink DID NOT run or anything! I uesd the following Copic colors: R20, R22, and R27 for the top, W1 for the shadow, and E29 for the base.
- To make the shape around the image, I used the Center Point feature on my Cricut Expression to make sure that the cool shape would cut around the image. This shape is also from the Cricut Forever Young cartridge.
- I sponged around the shape with a Stampin’ UP Sponge Dauber and Close to Cocoa Classic ink.
- The sentiment is from the Stampin’ UP Teeny Tiny Wishes stamp set. It is stamped onto Apricot Appeal cardstock using Ruby Red Classic Ink. Then I punched out the shape with the Modern Label Punch.
- The ribbon is Chocolate Chip Satin Ribbon.
- The patterned paper is from a DCWV premium stack (I am blanking on the name of it, but it is a vintage style! LOL). I used the Corner Rounder Punch on the top edges of the patterned paper.
- On the Pumpkin Pie cardstock I used the Scallop Edge Punch.
- The card base was made with Chocolate Chip cardstock.
- Teeny Tiny Wishes stamp set
- Chocolate Chip Cardstock
- Apricot Appeal Cardstock
- Whisper White Cardstock
- Pumpkin Pie Cardstock
- Ruby Red Classic Stampin’ Pad
- Close to Cocoa Classic Stampin’ Pad
- Modern Label Punch
- Corner Rounder Punch
- Scallop Edge Border Punch
- Chocolate Chip Satin Ribbon
- Sponge Dauber (set of 12)