Happy Tuesday everyone!!
Today is a special day for me. Five years ago today, my fiance and I first kissed!!! Even before that magical day, I knew I wanted to be with him forever. We were inseparable best friends (and still are!!). Five years into our relationship, we still have tons of fun together and we laugh A LOT. He keeps me sane. It is hard to believe it has been five wonderful years already. Pretty soon, we will be getting married, which is totally surreal to me.
This might seem strange, but we have a running joke about turtles and so today, I have a turtle card for you to celebrate our anniversary. When he saw the card, he immediately laughed and complained about the sentiment I used. I used a sentiment from the Teeny Tiny Wishes stamp set, but Johnny and I both thought the sentiment should be different (I didn’t have a stamp that had quite the right sentiment for our running joke, although it would be hilarious if they did!! LOL). Now, I am sure you are thoroughly unexcited about my secret joke, but nevertheless, here is my first card for Fox & Friends week!!!!
All week long, I am going to be using the Stampin’ UP Fox & Friends stamp set to make some creations for you. This set is such a cute little set. I LOVE animals, and I knew I wanted this set when I first saw it in the Occasions Mini catalog. I have some cute projects in store for you this week!
- My card design was based on this week’s card sketch over at Card Patterns. I think it is number 55.
- The patterned paper strips in the background are from the Welcome Neighbor designer paper pack available until the end of the month through Sale-a-bration. This is a really cute paper pack so be sure to get one while they are still available!!
- The base of my card was made with Kraft Cardstock.
- The adorable turtle is from the Stampin’ UP Fox & Friends stamp set and was stamped in Old Olive Classic ink.
- I used my Stamp-a-ma-jig to line up the turtle and the sentiment stamps.
- The sentiment is from the Stampin’ UP Teeny Tiny Wishes stamp set. It was stamped in Basic Black Classic ink.
- The Whisper White cardstock was matted on some Crushed Curry cardstock.
- I embellished my card with a strip of Old Olive 1/4inch grosgrain ribbon.