Hello everyone! I hope you are having a fabulous Tuesday! I have one more day of classes and then finals and I feel absolutely great about that!! Skyeler, the husky, is doing wonderfully (so far) so hopefully the medicine is working.
Today, I have another Awash with Flowers card to share with you. This was a fun one to do because I got to use a lot of the different stamps in the Awash with Flowers stamp set. Remember, this stamp set is available for a sneak peek purchase only until the end of the month! There is a link below to full details on the sale (including 20% off of some other two step stamping stamp sets!), be sure to check it out!!
I was inspired to make this card because when I first heard about the Color Renovation that Stampin’ UP is going to do. I decided to get out my Baja Breeze ink and this card just happened! LOL
Now I must tell you, my absolute most favorite part of this card is the dots across the top!!! I had just received my Signo White Gel Pen (that Stampin’ UP sells) and I went to town with it! Now, if you want a white gel pen, this is THE white gel pen to have. I have tried many other white gel pens with mixed results but this one is STUNNING. The white really shows up!! And it writes so smoothly and the lines are continuous (you know how gel pens sometimes give out on ya, so frustrating!!) I was so happy with the results I got with this gel pen. Make sure to add one to your next Stampin’ UP order because it is truly fantastic! You will be seeing me use this gel pen a lot more.
Anyway, enough praise for the gel pen. . .
- All the flowers parts are stamps from the Stampin’ UP Awash with Flowers stamp set, and they were stamped using my Stamp-a-ma-jig to help with perfect placement. I actually used 7 different flower parts (one stem that was used for the two larger flowers, the tiny flower outline/stem, the two big flower outlines, and then 3 bold flower images for the pops of color.)
- TIP: The Awash with Flower two step stamps are not meant to be perfectly aligned. Meaning the colorful part is not going to fit perfectly inside the outlined part of each flower. They are meant to be a little bit off. That is part of this stamp set’s whimsical charm 🙂
- The sentiment was stamped from the upcoming Watercolor Trio stamp set. This stamp set is GORGEOUS and I will be showcasing it for my Stamp Set of the Week shortly! This stamp set will be available from the Summer Mini Stampin’ UP Catalog starting on May 1st.
- The base of this card is Bermuda Bay cardstock.
- I used the following ink colors: Melon Mambo, Baja Breeze (will be coming back in July!!), Basic Black, and Bermuda Bay (will be retiring in July).
- The dots across the top were made with my Stampin’ UP Signo White Gel Pen (LOVE IT!!).
Your Stampin’ With Sami Shopping List contains all of the current Stampin’ UP products that I used on today’s project. Feel free to order from me anytime online through my Stampin’ UP website (click on shop now!) or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org . Be sure to sign up for my Stampin’ UP newsletter (in the sidebar)!
- Awash with Flowers stamp set
- Watercolor Trio stamp set (available starting May 1st with the Summer Mini)
- Signo White Gel Pen
- Whisper White cardstock
- Bermuda Bay cardstock
- Baja Breeze Classic Stampin Pad (available starting July 1st with the big catalog!)
- Bermuda Bay Classic Stampin’ Pad
- Melon Mambo Classsic Stampin’ Pad
- Basic Black Classic Stampin’ Pad