Hey everyone! Well, I was a total slacker all day and it felt great! I piddled around the house, ran some errands, and then scrapped until my heart’s content. It was a lovely first day to my Summer!
I mentioned yesterday that we SP is going to give the retiring colors a proper goodbye over the next two months with a Color Journey. . . well, I wasn’t lying! Today is the first day of two months worth of color journey color combos made by me! You know how much I love color and so I wanted to show you lots of special ways to use those retiring colors. It is time to stock up so you don’t miss out because they are going away forever! The complete list of retiring colors can be found by clicking here!
And a Mother’s Day card to go with it!
- The flower stamps were from the new Watercolor Trio stamp set. These stamps have a slightly distressed texture to them so that when you stamp them, they look like the images were watercolored!!! I just love the look!!
- TIP: Use your Stampin’ Write Markers to color directly on the rubber of your stamp so you can stamp using multiple colors in one image!! Here I took three different Stampin’ Write markers to achieve this multi-colored effect. Be sure to breathe on the stamp (“huff”) so that you remoisten the ink before you stamp.
- The ribbon is Certainly Celery Satin Ribbon.
- I used the Scallop Edge Punch on the Almost Amethyst cardstock.
- The sentiment is from the Messages for Mom stamp set that was from the Occasions mini catalog (not currently available!)
And a close up:
I used the Smooch Spritz over the whole piece of Whisper White cardstock, right over my stamped images and it came out beautifully.
Here is Color Journey Combo #1:
- Watercolor Trio stamp set
- Whisper White cardstock
- Perfect Plum Stampin’ Write Marker
- Barely Banana Stampin’ Write Marker
- Certainly Celery Stampin’ Write Marker
- Certainly Celery Classic Stampin’ Pad
- Perfect Plum Classic Stampin’ Pad
- Barely Banana Cardstock
- Almost Amethyst Cardstock
- Certainly Celery Ribbon
- Scallop Edge Punch
- Smooch Spritz