Hello everyone! Happy Monday! I feel so out of the loop because I haven’t been on the computer much in the last two days. Did you see all the floods in Tennessee? Gosh, it is just awful!! Well thankfully we didn’t have any flooding here, but we did have massive amounts of rain and crazy thunder storms which kept me off the computer. On the bright side, I did get A LOT accomplished the past couple of days 🙂
And today, I am going to be revealing my stamp set of the week! Later today, I am going to reveal my first giveaway for my month long 150K CELEBRATION!!! I am so excited!!
Welcome to Rough Type Week!!!! This week I am going to be showing you projects using the new Rough Type alphabet from Stampin’ UP. This alphabet set is so cute and perfect for cards and layouts! I have some great projects in store for you this week!
This first Rough Type project is based on the colors over at Scrapmaster’s Paradise Color Combos This week I am giving away a Cool Caribbean goody pack as the prize for the winner so don’t forget to play along!!! This is SPCC#46! I can’t believe we have gotten that far.
Aren’t those letters awesome?!!? I just love the typewriter look! It just gives the page a nice aged look. LOVE IT! This is probably my favorite set from the new Summer Mini catalog.
- The background cardstock is Pixie Pink.
- Do you see all that glittery, shimmery brown goodness all over my layout??? Well that is Stampin’ UP’s new Log Cabin colored Smooch Spritz spray!! This stuff is so awesome. It comes in a spray bottle (think Glimmer Mist?) and you just spray it where you want it. When it dries, you are left with GORGEOUS shimmery bits of color! I had a lot of fun spraying this layout to make it look a little more aged and vintage looking. There are four different colors to choose from in the new Summer Mini catalog so be sure to take a peek!
- The journaling letters were stamped with the Stampin’ UP Rough Type stamp set in Chocolate Chip Classic Ink. I used my Stamp-a-ma-jig to line up the letters, but I didn’t want them perfect so I made them a little bit misaligned so they would look more typewriter-ish.
- The border down the side of the page was stamped using the Stampin’ UP Friends 24-7 Stamp set. I just repeated the stamped image down the side of the page (also using my Stamp-a-ma-jig for perfect placement).
- The bigger alphabets were made with the Cricut Songbird cartridge cut from Chocolate Chip cardstock. For the “Look” letters, I used some Distressed Stickles to add a little glam.
- For my photo mat, I cut a piece of Close to Cocoa cardstock and used the Scallop Edge punch on two sides of the cardstock. I then stamped on it using the same stamp from the Friends 24-7 stamp set (the one that I used for the border on the side of my layout). Finally I tied a cute little bow using some Chocolate Chip Satin Ribbon.
- The accent in the corner of the page was cut using the Cricut Picturesque cartridge. One layer was cut from Close to Cocoa cardstock and the other layer was cut from some glitter patterned paper from the DCWV At Home Premium stack.