Hey everyone!! I hope your day has been great. I am late getting to ya today because the ole camera had to be charged before I could get a photo of today’s project.
Gosh, I just have so much to talk about today!! First, I am so thrilled with the turn out for the design team call so far! There are only a few days to get your application in, so be sure to stop by the forum and read the design team call. I have received so many great applications and I know this is going to be a tough weekend trying to choose the new designers. I plan on locking myself in a room with nothing but the computer and not coming out until I have a full design team picked LOL
And speaking of the forum. . . we are at almost 100 members already!! It has only been a few short weeks and the turn out has been amazing! If you haven’t yet stopped by, be sure to come by and say hi! It has been really fun getting a chance to meet some of y’all. I hope to get to know even more of you.
And LAST but not LEAST. . . I have been having an absolute BLAST creating with the first ever SP Scrapbook Kit!! It has been so much fun getting everything picked out and working with the products. Y’all are going to love it!! I have already had some people sign up and spaces are limited for the July kit so don’t miss out. I plan to have a lot more sneak peeks starting on the 15th. You can sign up for the Scrapbook kit or the Card kit directly in my sidebar anytime.
Whew! How’s that for excitement!? Well, I also have a SNEAK PEEK card for you, so that is pretty exciting, right?
Check out this pretty little thing:
There is so many great pieces here and a lot of it is going to be brand new in the upcoming Stampin’ UP Idea Book and Catalog (coming out July 1st).
- The patterned paper is BRAND NEW! It is from the new Greenhouse Gala designer paper pack. The color of this pattern is the new core color called Daffodil Delight. I just love the pretty yellow color.
- I paired the Daffodil Delight with the new blue called Marina Mist. I used Marina Mist cardstock along with the new 1/8inch Marina Mist Taffeta Ribbon. This stuff is so beautiful. I think Marina Mist has got to be one of the most beautiful colors (I am partial to blues to begin with though).
- And there are some retiring items on this card too. The bird image and sentiment are both from the Spring Song stamp set, which is RETIRING. This is one of the first stamp sets I purchased because I love birds and the ones in this stamp set are just so realistic and gorgeous. The one here is probably supposed to be a chickadee, but it looked so much like my little canary that I decided to make him a canary instead LOL. The other bird in this stamp set is a gorgeous hummingbird, to see it click here!
- The Summer Sun Corduroy buttons along with ALL of the corduroy buttons are being retired so stock up now! They are really neat!
- The bird image was colored in with Copics from iCopic.com. I used the following colors: Y00, Y02, Y06, Y08 (all the yellows for the feathers), 0, YR00, YR02 (YR’s for the feet), E43, E47 (E’s for the branch), G94 (for the little leaves), and B00 (for the outline).
And here is a close up of the bird: