Grrr, I have had one unlucky day with Blogger. It kept telling me “Service Unavailable” any time I tried to log on today. Hopefully this message will get posted.
My mom ordered the Cricut Imagine for me last night and I could not be happier to be receiving it. It is supposed to be delivered next week, BUT. . . my mom said I have to wait until Christmas to have it. Hopefully she will let me have it early, I am still trying to convince her that I NEED it now. LOL We will see!
So I wanted to share some info about the Cricut Imagine because I have been getting questions AND I have been hearing some misinformation around the net.
- The Imagine Prints and Cuts, but you also can just print the images without cutting or you can just cut any paper you already have without printing on it. So that means you can use the Imagine with any papers you already have and you don’t have to just print everything.
- The Imagine cartridges are different from the Cricut regular cartridges (now those are going to be called Originals). The Imagine cartridges have cuts with layers AND patterned papers that you can print. The shape cartridges are called Art cartridges and they contain 50 shapes with layers plus the papers. There are also some Imagine cartridges that contain only patterned papers.
- The patterned papers on the Imagine cartridges CANNOT be changed to different colors. They are set to be the color and cannot be changed. You CAN however print out solid colors of any color that you have the RGB code for.
- You can print the patterns or any solids out but the printer only prints to 11.5X11.5 inches. It does not print 12X12 (I am hoping that it will be able to print 12X12 in the future)
- The grey endcap things are able to be switched out for different colors, and the little endcap things will be available at a later date.
- The machine can cut any thin material that the Expression can cut, but nothing thick (like chipboard) because in order to print, the material has to curve a little bit and cardstock can’t do that.
- Cricut is coming out with PRINTABLE VINYL to go with the machine!