I have had some major video issues so I am about one day behind on documenting my Cricut Journey. I am hoping to catch up this weekend. Over the past couple of days I have been trying to get a series of videos made for you all. I have had many requests on some beginner videos so I am going to try to get those produced as quick as possible so that everyone can be on the same page with our Cricutting.
Also I have some questions to answer about the handbooks and cartridge organization:
- For the actual cartridges I do have them inside the tote in alphabetical order so I can find the cartridges easily.
- Imagine cartridges also fit inside the little pockets so I have those on their own little row inside the bag as well since I only have a few of them.
- For the little folders I mentioned in this post (click here): I do not put my handbooks in there. I only have the keypad overlays inside my little folders. I intend to store my handbooks elsewhere because I want to use the printable pages that I have been working on (and they are explained in this post, click here) and I will have a binder to hold the sheets. You can store your handbooks in the files if you want to.
And if you have any other questions, please feel free to ask! Now let’s continue to the project that was supposed to be for Day 14.
I used two cartridges for this card -Holiday Cakes and Just Because Cards.
- The card base and marquee shape are both from the Just Because Cards cartridge. I cut them both out on dial size 4.5 with the real size dial button turned OFF (not lit up). I actually had a mishap, but I let the mistake work for me. I was using a 6X6 inch piece of patterned paper to cut the marquee shape and it turns out, the shape was supposed to be longer than 6inches. So I just ended up using the shape and decided to have the straight edge touch the side of the card.
- On the Just Because Cards cartridge, the sizes are to scale to the card base. So when I picked 4.5inches, that is how tall the card came out once it was folded. If you go and measure each shape, neither of them was actually cut out at 4.5inches (the card base was double that 9inches, and then the marquee shape was smaller than 4.5inches so that it fit on the front of the card perfectly.
- The floral shape is from the Holiday Cakes cartridge. Yes, all Cake cartridges work in ALL of the Cricut machines so you can cut out paper with the cake cartridges too! I cut out the shape at 3inches. I embellished the flower shape with Adhesive Pearls from Stampin’ UP.
- The ribbon is from Paper Trey Ink.
- The patterned paper is from the Basic Grey Ambrosia collection.
- I used the following Stampin’ UP Cardstock colors: Only Orange (retired) and Basic Grey.
- And finally, the sentiment was stamped from the SP and Company Mix ‘N Match: Basics stamp set. I designed this set so that you can create your own beautiful sentiments on your projects! This was actually three separate stamps!