Welcome to Day 2 of the SP and Company Color Hop!
Each month, the SP and Company Design Team will give you sneak peeks of new releases and projects from the 1st to the 6th and then, from the 7th to the 10th, we do a Color Hop using SP and Company products.
This month’s color is Lime Green. Not only does the Design Team get to play with this color, but YOU do too! After you’re done hopping around today, make sure you play along with this month’s challenge for a chance to win some awesome SP and Company prizes!
The challenge is simple! Create a project using the color Lime Green. Your creation can be monochromatic (different shades of Lime ) or just mainly focus on Lime. Please make sure that this month’s color is used in about 90% of your project. It is not a requirement to use SP and Company stamps for this challenge, but we’d love it if you do! You can link up your project at the bottom of this post. You have until June 15th (11:59 pm EST) to enter. The one random winner will win an SP and Company stamp set of their choice. Also, make sure to leave comments for all the blogs along the way because there will be random prizes selected from all of the blog hop participants. The more you participate, the more chances you have to win!
Today, I have another buggy card for you, featuring the new Hug a Bug stamp set. This stamp set will be available for purchase in the SP and Company store starting on June 10th. I love this set because it is so versatile, you can make pretty much any cute little bug you want to make.
In this video, I show you how to make a cute little caterpillar bug I used on my project today:
And here is my finished card using that adorable caterpillar.
- The caterpillar and sentiment were both made with the new SP and Company Hug a Bug stamp set. LOVE this set!!
- I colored in the caterpillar (and made the shadow) with the following Copics from iCopic.com: BG11, BG13, C5, and C3.
- I used some Papertrey Ink Aqua Mist cardstock to make the banner that I stamped the sentiment on. I used the Copic BG13 on the edges of the banner to make it stand out a little bit from the patterned paper.
- This patterned paper is just some misc paper I found in my stash.
- The background cardstock is Tempting Turquoise from Stampin’ UP
Well that is all I have for you today, check back again bright and early tomorrow for Day 3. Now head on over to your next stop on the hop, Ivette. Please visit her HERE.
In case you get lost along the way, here is a list of all the blogs today: