Hey there! Happy Friday!!! Can you believe it is July already? Whew, where does the time go? It is hard to believe we are now half way through 2011.
First, here is a sneaky peek of the July stamps!! The set that this sneak peek is a part of is AWESOME! It is going to be one of my go-to stamp sets for my cards. I simply love this set. . . check it out!
*Sigh* I can’t wait to be able to share the whole stamp set with you! The monthly blog hop begins on the 7th and concludes on the 10th, when this stamp set will be available for purchase. That’s how we roll here at SP!
Today, I have a quick and simple card for you. This is what I’d like to call a 5 minute card. I don’t know about you, but sometimes I think we can all go a bit overboard on our card making, spending way too much time on a single card. Well, I like to balance out all those fussy cards I make with spending some time making super quick cards too. So I am going to be presenting a couple of new blog segments in the near future (once I get moved in to my new place and settled in a bit) and the 5-Minute-Card Series will make it’s official debut. For now, I just have a card to show ya 🙂
- The bird and sentiment banner are both cardstock sticker elements from the Echo Park Country Drive collection kit, which is part of the June SP Subscription Club Kit.
- The background paper is from a past Stampin’ UP paper pack. I took the paper, crinkled it, inked over it, and then flattened it.
- The ink I used was Worn Lipstick Ranger Distress Ink from iCopic.com. While the ink was still wet, I rubbed the ink around using my finger (you could use a sponge, but I didn’t have one handy) so that the entire patterned paper had a pink color.
- I attached the patterned paper to a Daffodil Delight cardstock card base.
- To finish the card, I added a bow using some Hibiscus Burst saddle stitch ribbon from Papertrey Ink.
That is all I have for you today. I hope your day is lovely! Tomorrow I will be back with a scrapbook layout using the June SP Subscription Club Kit
- Sign up for your SP Subscription Club Kit today! June kits are now shipping!
- Country Drive Collection Kit