Hi everyone! We got back from all the wedding festivities yesterday. It was so much fun meeting her family and getting to see all of the Peytons together. The wedding was gorgeous, and I am so happy that we got to go see it. We were so exhausted after all the fun though LOL.
Somehow I ended up losing a day here on the blog. This layout was supposed to be for yesterday, as it was intended for the iCopic blog, but my Friday’s project didn’t post as scheduled, so I just decided to hold off on my project I had intended for today and show you this beauty!
In this layout, can you see my Copics?? Look really closely 🙂 I made this layout using the July SP Subscription Club Kit. These kits are NOT still available, so new sign-ups will be joining for the August kit.
Yep, you guessed it. . . those flowers were AIRBRUSHED! Let me say it again in case you don’t already know. . .
I LOVE THE COPIC AIRBRUSH SYSTEM! It is one of my most favorite things about Copics. If you don’t yet own one or haven’t tried you, you need to! They are so neat!
- The patterned paper, border sticker element, and small alphas are all from the Victoria Gardens Echo Park Collection Kit, which is part of the July SP Subscription Club Kit. The Victoria Gardens papers are still available, but I am SOLD OUT of the Bold Sentiments I stamp set for now. I am working on getting those reordered for you guys.
- On this layout, my plain old white paper flowers were transformed with Copics. I used the following colors, which were all purchased at iCopic.com: BGG72, BG75, and BG78. I just started airbrushing with my lightest color and added the darker two colors in small amounts to give the flowers a slight variation in shading. I didn’t want them to look all flat and boring.
- To create my banner, I used some of my favorite SP and Company stamps: Pretty Pendants stamp set, and Kokimo Background. I trimmed out the banners using my Xacto blade and curled the tips of them around my finger so they look like they are raised up a little bit. I used Hawaiian Shores cardstock from Papertrey Ink and Taken with Teal ink from Stampin’ UP.
- The larger alpas are glitter polka dot Thickers (This is the Bubblegum color) from American Crafts. I do have these in all three colors available in the store.
- I also used the lovely Bold Sentiments I stamp set to create the sentiment on the banner coming out of one flower. The little pup in the photo has definitely got my true love.
- I did a little distressing using the Heidi Swapp Edge Distresser tool. I picked this up a LONG time ago at a local big box scrapping store for $0.99 and just found it again when I was unpacking all of my scrapbooking goodies! I was so happy to discover it in my stash LOL.
- Victoria Gardens Echo Park Collection Kit
- Sign up for your SP Subscription Club Kit today! August kit sign-ups are going on now!!
- Bold Sentiments I stamp set
- Subway Bubblegum Polka Dot Glitter Thickers
- Kokimo Background stamp
- Pretty Pendants stamp set