So today, I made a card for the SP Color Combo. It has been soooooo long since I played along, I was aching to get back with it. The color combo is below, and please click here to see all of the lovely inspiration projects from tthe SP Design Divas!
This is what I came up with:
- The image was die cut from the Cricut Nursery Rhymes cartridge at 4inches tall. I used the blackout shadow layer on the shape as well. The striped patterned paper is from the Echo Park Candy Shoppe 6X6 paper pad and the layer was done with Whisper White from Stampin’ UP.
- I made the die cut pop off the page using Stampin’ Dimensional foam dots.
- TIP: See those tiny stars? I attached them with one of my favorite liquid glues Elmer’s Craft Bond -For Paper and Fabric! This stuff is so great!! The trick with small cuts is a great glue.
- The background was made using a piece of Stampin’ UP River Rock cardstock. I used the SP and Company Flourishee stamp set to make the background pattern, using River Rock ink to get the tone on tone look.
- The sentiment is one of my favorites from the new stamp set Bold Sentiments I. Did you know I only have SIX of these beautiful stamp sets left? Make sure to pick one up before I run out!
- The sentiment was stamped using black ink.
- The card base is a piece of Bashful Blue cardstock.
Now get creative and link your color combo project below for a chance to be my guest designer!