Hi everyone!! I hope that your weekend is off to a great start! Mine is going to be super dee duper. My hubby and his father are going to the UT (Tennessee – Go VOLS!) Game today so I am going to take the pups and spend the day with my mom.
So something new due to the Email SP Daily option. My blog posts tend to be sooooooo long, not because I ramble a lot (sometimes I do!), but because I like to give y’all ALL the wonderful details on my projects so that you too can be a scrapmaster. What I am going to do, is shorten the posts with the “jump break” feature. With this magical “jump break” you will be able to see more of any blog post by clicking one of these at the end of a post on the SP Blog:
(If you are reading this from your SP Daily email, then you will see “read more” at the end of the teaser). That way you will be able to see more projects at a glance on your SP Daily Email and on the SP Blog and then click over when you want more details about a project (when you click over, you will see the full blog post). I hope that this new way will be nice, but we shall see. . .
OK so on to today’s project!! Today’s project is the first of many All About Me layouts that I am going to be sharing. I used the October SP Monthly Kits for this one too.
As scrapbookers, we tend to focus on taking photos of everyone around us, and scrapbooking everyone around us, BUT I think it is really important to also include ourselves in with the scrapbooks. If you have children or loved ones, they will surely value pages about you. One day, I hope to pass all of my scrapbooks on to my future children (hopefully one day we will be so lucky) and so I felt it was important to share parts of myself on my pages. So I am going to be offering some All About Me layouts to encourage you to look within and scrap about yourself!!
On this All About Me journey, I am going to be sharing more photos of myself! LOL, you will see the good, bad and the ugly of me and my life so get ready.
Here are my 10 Things:
- The design of this layout was inspired by a layout by Natasha as seen on this Pencillines Sketch. I thought her layout was totally gorgeous so I took inspiration from it.
- All of the patterned paper is from the Echo Park Times & Seasons collection kit, which is part of the SP Monthly Kits. I distressed around some of the edges using the Heidi Swapp Edge Distresser.
- The title was made with alphas from the same collection kit. It didn’t come with a percent symbol so I just drew one with my handy dandy Copic Multiliner from iCopic.com.
- The best part of this layout is my layered flower! I had a lot of fun creating these. I took plain old paper flowers from Stampin’ UP.
- I stamped the bigger flower with the Musical Background Stamp using Early Espresso ink (from Stampin’ UP) and then inked around the edges with Crumb Cake ink.
- The smaller flower was stamped with the Bold Houndstooth Background using Baja Breeze ink and then inked around the edges with the same ink.
- I added some stamps near the top right and bottom left corners. There is also a little stamp that says “The Story” near the big flower. These are all stamps from the Unity/ Echo Park stamp set that coordinates with the Echo Park Be Mine collection (which is available in the SP store!), the stamp set is called Better With Love.
Here is a close up of the 10things I wrote about:
- Loves to laugh
- Easily amused
- Cares too much
- Great listener
- A dreamer
- Loves life
- Inspired by songs
- Master chef -in my own mind