Happy Birthday to my husband!! Birthdays are always so exciting and I love getting presents for others. We call it a birthday month and try to do little special things for the birthday person all month long. Nothing over the top (well, until their actual birthday), but just nice extra thoughtful acts.
Today, I will be decorating the house with streamers, getting his birthday card written out, and yesterday I went to the store and got all of his favorite snacks and drinks so he has lots of yummies around the house. Tonight, we will be going to our favorite Japanese steakhouse, a birthday tradition in this family! And tomorrow, I will be cooking his favorite homemade meal. And, we don’t stop there! He is getting his favorite store-bought cake this week, and next week I will make his favorite scratch made cake.
How do you celebrate birthdays in your family? What are some of your birthday traditions?
Well, although it is a big birthday day in our family, my project for today is not birthday related at all! I’ve got a super spooky card to share with you:
- The sentiment is from the SP and Company Bold Sentiments II Holidays stamp set. This set is designed for some of the major holidays: Halloween, Winter, Christmas, and New Years.
- The patterned paper is from the Echo Park Apothecary Emporium 6×6 paper pad.
- I cut out the spooky cats from the Cricut Martha Stewart Holiday Cakes cartridge. I used the “Flip” feature on my Cricut Expression to make the cats face to the right rather than the left.
- I created a ruffle across the bottom of the black cardstock. The ruffle was created with a piece of Pumpin Pie Satin ribbon from Stampin’ UP.
- The card base is Pumpkin Pie cardstock from Stampin’ UP.