Well, the thing is, I had a video for you, well, scratch that. I mean I was working on a video for you guys. . . but then our neighbors upstairs started fighting, yeah, right in the middle of my video!! (Rude, huh?!) They were shouting (with f-bombs even!) so loud that it could be heard on my video. . . so I have to see if it is even salvageable. If it is, I will try to post it tomorrow, but it is going to need LOTS of work. Yeah, I swear we live in a good part of town. We were just blessed with some of the worst neighbors EVER (only the upstairs one are awful, thankfully).
So here goes. . . Day 2 of Sami’s 12 Days of Copic Christmas.
My project for today features this adorable snowman from the SP and Company Christmas Medley Stamp Set.
Here’s the card:
What do you think of the photos? Better or worse than normal? The same quality as you are used to here at SP?? I ask because I used a different camera for these ones than I usually use. Let me know what you think!!
- This adorable little guy is from the SP and Company Christmas Medley Stamp Set (and so is the sentiment!).
- Let’s talk SVG’s for a moment. . .So what I did was I used the Christmas Medley Snowman SVG Cut File , with my Sure Cuts a Lot software and cut out the shape with my machine. Then I stamped it with the snowman stamp. I have had a bunch of questions about SVG’s and cut files in general so I am going to have to get some tutorials put together for you guys in the near future. I actually DO use my Cricut Expression to cut my cut files, BUT the softwares no longer work with the Cricut (because the companies got SUED) so you CANNOT purchase software to cut SVG’s with your Cricuts (one of my many many many gripes with ProvoCraft, boycotting!). So don’t run out getting a Cricut thinking you can cut out SVGs with it, because you CANNOT! Enough said.
- I colored this cutie in with the following Copics from iCopic.com:
- C06, C07, C09
- BG18, BG75
- YR21, YR23
- The patterned paper is from the Echo Park Splash Collection Kit. I thought it matched the colors of my card so well that I decided to use it.
- I matted the patterned paper 1/8inch on three sides with some Rustic Cream cardstock from Papertrey Ink.
- Do these trees look familiar?? Well they are the shape I used for my mask from yesterday’s card! They just looked so nice and glittery from the New Sprout Fireworks Spray that I decided to use them for today’s project.
- The card base is Pool Party cardstock from Stampin’ UP (can’t get enough of this color lately).
My Tip for today was this fun stipple technique I used to color the snowman with. I hope to have the video up tomorrow for it. Basically, you just use the tip of your marker to create a bunch of dots on your image, and then blend with your lightest color. It is much better to see it in action though.
DESIGN TEAM CALL UPDATE:
So I have sent out the emails of the people who made the design team, but I haven’t yet contacted the folks who have been chosen for guest designer work. I will be sending those emails out today, no later than Friday. I hope to announce the new Design Team to you all either later today or tomorrow, depending on if I hear back from everyone early enough to announce the team today. Just wanted to let y’all know what is going on!!