At the end of this post, there is also a little sneaky peek of another upcoming stamp from SP and Company!!
|No coupon code needed, simply shop in the My Mind’s Eye section of the SP Store (under “Shop By Brand”) to take advantage of these prices. This special will only be available today until 11:59PM EST so shop early.|
Now how’s THAT for a special present?! In the store, I’ve got more from My Mind’s Eye than just paper, there are alphabet sets, tags, titles, and even a mini book.
Are you ready for today’s project and tutorial?? Here goes nothin’!
Below you will find a step by step photo tutorial on how to make this super cute shimmery background:
1. Cut Kraft cardstock to fit your card base. My card base happens to be a standard card base 5.5X4.25inches. I cut my Kraft cardstock 1.8inch smaller than the card base.
2. Emboss Kraft cardstock with an embossing folder. I chose this pretty one from Stampin’ UP called Vintage Wallpaper.
4. Spray Kraft paper liberally with Frost Sheer Shimmer Spritz. Let it dry completely before moving on to the next steps.
5. Attach Kraft cardstock to card base.
6. I wanted to add ribbon around my card, but I created a card that opened on the side. So what I did was I cut a slit in the fold of the card so that I could get the ribbon to go around the card.
7. Slide ribbon through the slit on the side of the card and tie it into a bow.
Here are some close-ups and a look at the finished card:
This absolutely ADORABLE image is from Stampavie, called Alex in the Snow with Puppies.
I used the following Copics from iCopic.com to create this card:
- For the dog collars: Y19, G21, G24, and G28
- For the dog tongue: R12
- For the skin: E00, E21, E02
- For the sweater: BG45, BG49
- For the hair: E11
- For the dogs, light part of scarf, and boots: E21, E23, E25, and E27
- For the scarf and pants: E42, E43, E44, E47, and E49
- For the snow: BG0000, BG000
I also inked around the edges of the X-Press It Blending Paper and Taken with Teal (Stampin’ UP, retired) cardstock using the Brushed Corduroy Distress ink.
The gorgeous sentiment is from the SP and Company Ultimate Sentiments II Stamp Set.
This is the first project I have made using this new single stamp called Lippy AND the new Yours Truly collection from Echo Park. This collection is going to be part of the December kit, so sign up today (in the right sidebar under Monthly Kit Sign Up)!!
|Introducing the new Lippy single stamp. Won’t these luscious lips come in handy on all those lovey dovey Valentine’s and anniversary projects?? I just love ’em!|