Hi everyone!! Welcome to day 2 of Sami’s 12 Days of Christmas, where my readers get ALLLLL the gifts 🙂
Today’s project is a little something I whipped up for the iCopic blog using one of my newest Whiff of Joy stamps. I must confess, I have found yet ANOTHER wonderful stamp company out there, WOJ. I pretty much love every single stamp I have seen of theirs. *sigh* so many stamps, so little time (and money also, can never have enough crafty fun money, right??).
- I have been trying lately to step outside of my “comfort zone” a bit and make some different sized cards. This one is a long card.
- The bear image is from Whiff of Joy, called Ice-Beary Greetings.
- I colored him in with the following Copics from iCopic.com:
- For the fur: E23, E25, E27, E29
- For the scarf and gloves: BG02, BG05, BG07, BG09
- For the snow (and a little shadow around the bear): BG10, BG11
- For his ears: R11
- The sentiment is from the Ultimate Sentiments II Stamp Set and stamped it in Walnut Stain Distress Ink from Ranger.
- I used the coordinating Ultimate Sentiments II SVG Cut File to cut out the white paper BEFORE I stamped the sentiment on it (it is easy to line up your sentiment because our stamps are clear!!).
- I inked up the edges of the sentiment die cut using the Tim Holtz Ink Applicator Tool and some Pool Party Stampin’ UP ink. One of my new fave colors!!
- I attached the sentiment with Mini Glue Dots(r) because it was a smaller piece and I was attaching it to glitter paper. Sometimes tape runners and liquid glue have trouble attaching to glitter paper, but I found that the Glue Dots worked perfectly for this instance.
- The patterned paper is from the Let it Snow Paper Pad from Dovecraft. This paper has gorgeous glitter on it (the good kind of glitter paper, where the glitter is sealed in and doesn’t get all over everything!!). This pad it actually mat sized, 4.5 X6.5inches. I actually pulled my color combo from this paper.
- I added a little scallop to the edge of the Early Espresso cardstock from Stampin’ UP. I actually used two different pieces of Early Espresso cardstock, one for the mat around the stamped image and patterned paper rectangle shape, and then another piece to make the scallop border.
- The card base is Close to Cocoa cardstock, which is retired from Stampin’ UP.
A close-up of the awesome sentiment and matching SVG cut file:
A close-up of the bear and my coloring:
Well folks, I hope you enjoyed it! I will be back tomorrow for Day 3 of Sami’s 12 Days of Christmas. Don’t forget to leave me a comment below for a chance to win a gorgeous Designer Glue Gun from Adtech!!