Hey everyone!! I hope that your weekend has been fabulous. My mom and I spent the afternoon yesterday finishing up the last of our holiday shopping (and picking up a few goodies for ourselves, got some really pretty new eye shadows). Can you believe Christmas is soooo close?! It is amazing how fast it is coming.
When you’ve got a few minutes, I would love for you to head over to the SP Facebook Page (“like” us if you haven’t already of course!!) and answer our status question from yesterday:
If you could have ANY sentiment (For Valentine’s Day and/or Friendship). What would it be??? I am going to grant some wishes 🙂 and then give away some stamps too!
And, yes, that does mean I am working on some NEW stamps!! YAY! It is a mad rush towards the finish line so I am going to be sending out my new designs to have them made into stamps by the first of 2012.
So with all that out of the way. . . let’s start talking about Day 5 of Sami’s 12 Days of Christmas.
- These cute little bunnies are a part of the Beatrix Potter A Winter’s Tale Set from Crafter’s Companion.
- I colored these cute little guys with my Copics from iCopic.com. *Wrote down the colors and now can’t find them* LOL if I do, I will put them here. By the looks of it here are my best guesses: YG23, YG25, E31, E33, E35, BG01, RV04, RV06 and RV11, We shall see if I was close 🙂
- The sentiment is from the Bold Sentiments II Holidays Stamp Set, which contains a mix of sentiments for Halloween, Christmas, Holidays, and New Years! Such a great set!! I used the coordinating Bold Sentiments II SVG Cut File to create the die cut shape for the sentiment and then I just stamped the sentiment (in Marina Mist ink from Stampin’ UP)
- I cut out the image along with a scalloped circle from the Cricut Accent Essentials cartridge.
- I applied ink around the edges of the sentiment shape and circle, using the Tim Holtz Ink Applicator Tool and Pretty in Pink ink from Stampin’ UP.
- I then sprayed over the circle with Frost Sheer Shimmer Spritz and let them dry.
- On every scallop I added a small adhesive rhinestone, from Stampin’ UP.
- The patterned paper I used is from the Let it Snow Paper Pad by Dovecraft. This is a mat stack, which means it measures 4.5 X6.5, so you can mat your photos with it, but I actually like the smaller size because it is perfect for cards!
- I added additional interest to the card with my ribbon,twine, button border. I used some old Stampin’ Up ribbon, Cherry Divine Twine, and a Baja Breeze Corduroy Button to get this strip.
- The card base is Crumb Cake/Kraft cardstock from Stampin’ UP.
- I used the Large Corner Rounder from EK Success on the bottom corners of the card base and patterned papers.
Copic Tip #1:
GLITTER IT UP