Hey everyone!! Happy Friday!! I am actually a day behind for Sami’s 12 Days of Copic Christmas. There has been just too much to do and not enough time for blogging. Over the past two days, I have mailed out about 30 packages so you can tell I’ve had my hands pretty busy. Anyway, no more jibber jabber. . . The Copic Christmas MUST go on 🙂
I may just carry on one day late and have the last 12 Days project actually ON Christmas. Does that work for you? Let me know what you think!
Here is Day 3 of Sami’s 12 Days of Christmas.
Here it is:
- I used the following Copics from iCopic.com:
- For the white garland: C0, C1, and C2 (I also embellished this part of the image with Diamond Glitter Stickles).
- Star: Y13, Y17, and Y19
- Tree: G12, G14, G17
- Holly: I used G28 along with the Tree colors.
- Hair & Stool: E23, E25, E27, E29
- Dress & Ornaments: R22, R24, R27, R29, R46, and R59
- Eyes: B34
- Skin: E00, E21
- Cheeks: E02
- For the holly, I added two dots of red glitter glue by Studio G (I picked this up at my local craft store, it was $1!)
- I added all the golden yellow around the edges of the image using the Tim Holtz Ink Applicator Tool.
- I used two different Stampin’ UP inks to get the yellow to look darker around the edges and lighter more towards the center: Summer Sun (now retired) and Daffodil Delight.
- The patterned paper is from the Echo Park Seasons Greetings Paper Pad.
- I added some Daffodil Delight satin ribbon to make a pretty golden bow.
- This finished card measures 6x6inches.
Here’s a little tidbit that is your tip for today:
Be YOU & Be UNIQUE
I have been told that the felt applicator is for “alcohol inks only” and I shouldn’t be using it how I am using it, but guess what?! It works perfectly, so I don’t care! Can you look at that yellow around the image and honestly tell me I am doing something wrong?! It looks awesome (if I do say so myself!).
That is the thing about crafting, YOU can do it however YOU want. There is no possible way to craft incorrectly, if you are having fun because that is all that matters. Furthermore, I think it is incredibly rude for someone to tell someone else that they are not crafting “correctly”. Crafting is all about thinking outside the box and doing things your own way. So use your tools however you want and craft however you want. I will never tell ya you are doing it wrong, well unless you listen to others and don’t listen to your heart 🙂
So craft how YOU want to and be uniquely YOU!
And finally, a Copic Tip:
TAKE YOUR TIME
Copic Coloring takes TIME. Add a layer, add a layer, and then add another layer. It took me the better part of an hour to create this colored image. So slow down and take your time.