Hi everyone! Happy Thursday!!
Well, I dove into the April SP Monthly kit head first and I am so happy to be able to share new kit projects with you over the next week or so. If you are in the club, start uploading your projects to the April Monthly Kit Gallery today! I will be adding projects over there over the next few days too 🙂
If you are NOT yet in the club. . . well, what are you waiting for?! Check out all the details and benefits of being in the SP Monthly Club, click here! I would love to have you in the club.
So today, I have a new layout that I made with the new kit. This is All About Me #3. If you would like to play along with this All About Me, simply add a link to your project in the comments section below.
I chose my BFF that I have known since we were both in 3rd grade. We have lived literally thousands of miles apart for the majority of our friendship, but somehow we have remained friends. I thankfully go to visit with her last March when my mom and I went to Colorado. Someday, I hope we live much closer together.
Here’s my finished layout:
- All of the patterned papers (minus the paper used for the rosette) and sticker elements are from the Hello Summer Collection Kit, which was in the April SP Monthly Kit.
- On two of the smallest banner shapes & the circle inside the rosette, I added some stamping from the SP and Company Stitchery Doo Banners stamp set, which was also part of this month’s kit.
- The rosette was made with some This & That Graceful paper & you can see my rosette video tutorial by clicking here.
- For the title, I used some vinyl Thickers from American Crafts.
- To embellish the layout, I added some Lemon Yellow Divine Twine and some Stampin’ UP buttons.
- I added a shadow layer around some of the banners in Basic Black cardstock to give them some POP.
- I did my little journaling with a Stampin’ UP Basic Black Marker.
- I used XXL and Craft Glue Dots(r) to assemble the rosette.
- I used Micro Glue Dots(r) to add the twine to the page.
- The photos are matted onto Fountain Cardstock from American Crafts.
- This layout was inspired by a layout I saw on Creative Scrappers, made by Jenny Evans for Sketch 204. I am entering this layout into that challenge.
Here is another close up:
Vera has a fabulous project for you over on the SP Stamps Blog so make sure to head there once you are done reading today.