Hi everyone! Man, I have been such a bloggy slacker lately. It took forever to get my crafty room back in order and I am still working on sorting/organizing all the new stamps I have received in the past two months (some SP and Company stamps plus lots of lined image stamps from various companies). I literally ended up with two stacks of CD cases about 1foot high sitting on my desk ready to be labeled. I am finally getting back into it so I will be on my normal daily blogging schedule starting tomorrow.
Today, I have a Copic coloring video for you to go along with my project.
On my card, I created a “halo” around the image (the light blue right around the whole image). In my video, I showed you how I colored this halo. It just adds a bit of dimension to your image when you outline it slightly.
Here’s the video:
- For the halo and water: BG0000, BG000, BG01, BG02
- For the clothing: Y0000, Y000, Y00, Y02,
- For the umbrella, collar, hair ties, and pocket: R0000, R000, R21
- For the umbrella handle: E53
- For the skin tone: R000, E000, E00, E21
- For the cheeks: R01, R02
- For the hair (in order from lightest to darkest): E53, E25, E29, E47, E47
Additional Card Details:
- My inspiration for this project was the Just Magnolia Challenge #150 -Springtime.
- This adorable image is from Magnolia and it is called Tilda in Spring Rain.
- The sentiment coordinated perfectly and it is from one of my stamp sets called Rain Boots (one of my fave sets of all time!!) I stamped the sentiment in Soft Suede ink from Stampin’ UP.
- I matted the image on some Fountain Textured Cardstock from American Crafts.
- The card base is Sweet Blush cardstock from Papertrey Ink
- I used some old YoYo Yellow cardstock form Stampin’ UP to make the border strip. I used the Classic Petal Spellbinders Edgeabilities.
- The bow was made with Aqua Mist saddle stitch grosgrain ribbon from Papertrey Ink.
- The patterned papers are from the My Mind’s Eye Miss Caroline Howdy Doody 6×6 Paper Pad.
- I popped up the matted stamped image using Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- I also entered this card into the Simply Magnolia Dies & Ribbon challenge.
Here is a closer look at my coloring:
Well that’s all for today. I will be back tomorrow with something else new 🙂 Have a great rest of your day!!