Hi everyone! It is my day on the MarkerPop Blog for 3D Thursday so I wanted to share one of those projects here (the other one can be seen on one of my past blog posts)
I didn’t use any Copics for my projects today *GASP!*, but they are still pretty cute. 😉
Let’s get started. . . This box was designed to fit the little Dove chocolates. These are about 1inch square which happens to be about the size of many of the snack sized candies. . . not that I would know about all the candies out there *wink wink*.
1. Cut grey cardstock to 4X11inches. Score along the longest side at the following measurements: 4inches, 4.5inches, 8.5inches, and 9inches. Fold along score marks and locate which part is the top flap.
2. Cut two pieces of polka dot patterned paper from the Carta Bella Paris Girl paper pack to the following sizes: 3.75X3.75inches and 1.75X3.75inches. Attach the 3.75inch square piece to the square that will be the front of the treat box using Mini Glue Dots. Attach the other piece of polka dot patterned paper to the top flap using Mini Glue Dots.
3. Cut a piece of pink patterned paper from the Carta Bella Paris Girl paper pack to measure 4X.75inches. Stamp strip with a happy birthday stamp from the SP and Company Swirly Doos stamp set or any other sentiment for the occasion needed. I stamped the sentiment using Tuxedo Black Memento ink.
4. Cut a piece of grey card stock to measure 4X1inches. Attach the pink stamped paper to the grey card stock strip.
5. Attach sentiment strip to the front of the box using Mini Glue Dots.
6. Attach candies to the inside of the box using Ultra Thin Glue Dots.7. Punch holes through the top flap and front of the box so that you can secure the box with twine. Thread twine through the holes and tie into a bow. I used Plush Blush twine, but it appeared red on my project.
That is all for today! I will be back bright and early tomorrow because it is NEW STAMPS DAY!! Join me back here at Midnight EST Friday morning for our August stamp release and blog hop. I will also have a Frugal Friday for you so it is going to be a super duper Friday 🙂