Hello & welcome to 25 Days of Copic Christmas 2012!! I always love doing a holiday segment here on the old bloggity & this year, I am concentrating on Copics again!
- 1 New project every weekday (Monday through Friday) using Copics. In true Sami fashion, these projects will come with an expert tip, trick, video, or tutorial of some kind.
- During the next 5 weeks, we will not have Frugal Friday so that I can fully concentrate on all things holiday. Frugal Friday will resume in January.
- Weekly Giveaways WILL continue, except for this week because there are TWO great giveaways going on now. Click here to see our Giving Back Giveaway. Click here to see our 800 Fan Celebration giveaway!
Sound good? I thought so! So let’s go ahead and get started! This is DAY 1:
My project for today went along with the new MarkerPop Coloring Challenge which was to color a skin tone. Click here to see the challenge now! I chose to really step up for the challenge and do a different skin tone than I am used to coloring. The skin tones I usually color are pasty white like me 🙂
This time I decided to color an African American skin tone & I really love how this one turned out!
This beautiful image is from Whimsy Stamps and it is called Apple Blossom’s Skates.
I used the following Copic colors:
- For the skin: E17, E18
- For the cheeks: R89
- For the reds: R22, R24, R27, R29, R39
- For the ice skates: C3, C6
- For the blue jeans: B91, B93, B95, B97
- For the aqua for her outfit & the ice: BG0000, BG000, BG01, BG53
- For the holly leaves: G09
- For the lantern & rays of light: Y11, Y13, Y38
- For the hair: W0, W7, W9, W10
EXPERT TIP #1: Experiment!
This skin tone was totally new to me so I had to do some experimenting. Don’t be afraid to test out new color combos & try new things. You never know if something will work or not if you never try so try, try, and try again!
I used my November SP Monthly Kit to make this project. The sentiment came from the In Love Emma stamp set. All the patterned papers came from the Tailored For the Record 2 collection from Echo Park. Both of these items were in the November kit.
To add a little decoration to the card, I added some red jewels from the Prima Say it in Crystals pack that included red, orange, purple, etc.
Since the main image was so large, I decided to make a larger card. This card measures 5inches square.
Here’s another look at my card: