HAPPY NEW YEAR! I hope that you have had a wonderful holiday season! Do you have any resolutions for 2013 (crafty or otherwise)? I’ve got a few:
- We’re going to continue on our eating healthier quest. We don’t eat anywhere near perfect, but we are going to aim for only one day of “junk” a week (and by one day, I mean most likely just a meal and maybe a dessert that isn’t so healthy, not an entire day of pigging out!! lol). The rest of the week we will eat healthy meals and healthy snacks. If you plan healthy meals, I would love if you would share some of your tips with me!
- I’m again going to try to go back to daily blogging here. I definitely slacked a bit in 2012 but this year I want to do better. My crafting is my first “job” and so I want to make sure that I keep y’all inspired with my creative works.
- And lastly, I want to continue sticking with a crafty budget. I want to work on continuing to do MORE with LESS. It’s easy for us crafty folks to get caught up in keeping up with the latest and greatest supplies out there, but I am going to try to work with my SP Stamps & not go overboard on the shoppy front. Do you stick to a crafty budget?
So those are the 3 I goals I have for the year. Very simple & hopefully easy to maintain.
Anyway, so today begins a new year here at SP and I am going to have a great weekly lineup for you!
I’ve put a lot of thought into what direction I want to go this year and I’ve finally decided that I want to concentrate on stamping techniques & tutorials! I want to push myself creatively & not just stick with the same old stuff. Each week, I am going to offer some segments which I will talk more about all week long. We’ll see how I feel about these segments and I may switch things around if I feel like it! Sometimes you just never know how my crafty mojo is going to flow! For now, here is the tentative weekly lineup:
Mondays: Copic Coloring
Tuesday: Tutorial Tuesday
Wednesday: Challenge Day
Thursday: 3D Thursday
Friday: Frugal Friday
Saturday: Saturday Share & Scrapbook Saturday
Sunday: Anything Goes
Sounds fun huh?
Well, I know that today is actually Tuesday, which should be Tutorial Tuesday, BUT I wanted to share a Copic project this week. That means Tutorial Tuesday is going to start next week 🙂 See, already I am changing it up! LOL If you’ve been with me a while, you know that I love changing things up 😉
And check out my new and improved shopping list feature! I’ve “upgraded” to a customizable shopping list and only the first 6 supplies show up. Click on the numbers underneath the shopping list to see more supplies. Neat huh? It is a work in progress right now. We will see if I like it enough to keep it.
Since I am actually doing Copic Coloring today, I will talk about what you can expect from Copic coloring day. Generally for Copic coloring day I will share a tip, technique, video, and/or coloring tutorial so that we can learn something Copic related. Make sure you are subscribed to my Copic Coloring Channel because my Copic videos will probably go up earlier over there than they do over here. And I am at close to 900 Subscribers on that Youtube Channel. When we reach 1,000 subscribers, I will host a giveaway over there 🙂
My project was made using supplies from the December SP Monthly Kit – The Tiny Build a Banner stamp set from SP & Company plus the Love Story collection.
I happened to use papers from the 6×6 Love Story paper pad rather than the full 12X12 kit.
I made two videos sharing my coloring with you. The first video is another hair coloring video. If you are a Copic colorer, you will probably never get enough hair color combos. This one is for a light dirty blonde shade of hair.
The second video is a speed coloring video showing how I colored in the rest of the image.
I used the following Copic colors:
- For the hair: E41, E42, Y000
- For the skin: E000, E00, E21, E02
- For the pinks: RV10, RV13, RV14
- For the reds: R22, R29
- For the browns: E11, E13
This card actually measures 3.5X5.5inches which is a little unusual. It just happened to be the size of paper I had leftover from a previous project so I made the scrap of paper work for me. Remember, there are no rules that say your cards HAVE TO be a certain size. This was just me being cheap & not wanting to waste cardstock 😉
The cute sentiment was stamped from the Tiny Build a Banner stamp set. I used the SVG file to cut out the banners and circles and then stamped and layered the different shapes to create my banners.
This adorable little girl is Heart Kiki from CC Designs and I picked her up from MarkerPop.com last month. I thought she was totally precious!!
I added some Star Dust Stickles to the little heart she is holding.
To finish off the card, I used some Pink Sorbet twine from The Twinery & I rounded the bottom corners of the card with my new Corner Chomper!
That’s all for today! I will be back tomorrow with our BRAND NEW CHALLENGE!!