Hi everyone! Hoppy Scrapbook Saturday. He he, get it? HOPPY! 🙂
You guessed it! My layout today is Easter themed. I actually made this layout a LOOONG time ago for Glue Dots for an ad they were putting together. I wanted to make something very very special for them so I made this.
That is me with the handsome little guy I used to babysit. I have known this guy since he was two years old, and now he is almost 14!! He’s like my little brother.
While we were out one day, I made him pose with these bunny ears. You can probably tell, he was NOT pleased. He was probably 6-7 in these photos, I forget what year this was. Anyway, this is one of my favorite photos of us.
Supplies List (I linked to the supplies that are in the SP Store in the Shopping list at the end of this post)
Pop-Up Glue Dots
XL Glue Dots
Mini Glue Dots
American Crafts Fountain Textured Cardstock
Smooth Cardstock in White, Teal, Light Green, Medium Green, and Black
Cricut Create a Critter Cartridge
Cricut Seasonal Cake Art Martha Stewart Cartridge
Cricut Don Juan Cartridge
Echo Park Patterned Paper from the Dots & Stripes collection
Imaginisce Patterned Paper
My Mind’s Eye Patterned Paper
Small Alphabet Stickers from Echo Park So Happy Together Sticker Sheet
Easter Bunny Sentiments Stamp by SP and Company
Spellbinders Classic Petal Edgeabilities
1. Cut Yellow Patterned Paper with Spellbinders Petal Edgeabilities. Cut patterned papers for background & assemble layers of patterned paper onto Fountain cardstock using XL Glue Dots.
2. Mat photos onto light green cardstock using Mini Glue Dots.
3. Cut out and assemble bunny border & grass border out of patterned paper & cardstock using the Cricut Expression, Seasonal Cake Art Cartridge, and Mini Glue Dots. Attach borders to the top of the layout using XL Glue Dots. Cut XL Glue Dots in half if needed.
4. Cut out and assemble large bunny out of patterned paper & cardstock using the Cricut Expression, Create a Critter Cartridge, and Mini Glue Dots. Attach large bunny to the layout using Pop-Up Glue Dots.
5. Cut out and assemble letters to make the word “Easter” out of patterned paper & cardstock using the Cricut Expression, Don Juan Cartridge, and Mini Glue Dots. Attach the letters using Mini Glue Dots for every other letter. For the other letters, use Pop-Up Glue Dots (so every other letter is raised up).
6. Add small alphabet stickers to make the word “Hoppy” right above the large Easter word.
7. Stamp Easter Bunny Sentiment to the grass border.
Here is a close up so you can see the alternating raised letters:
This layout gets me in the mood for Easter fun!