Today’s Sunday Scoop is coming in written fashion. Emma pup has kept me very tired this week so I was feeling too lazy to film lol. This week, Sunday Scoop is going bullet point style 🙂 What do you prefer? Bullet style or video style Sunday Scoop?
- I had grand plans for getting some things rolling this week, but Emma had other plans for us (see personal section below for details)! All my plans for the week – getting caught up with all the orders, getting mini flair added to the store, and getting the new SP Digi Shop completely stocked. . . well they all just have to wait for next week. I’m trying my best to get orders out as quickly as possible.
Thank you for your patience with me. I was already backed up on orders because of the big sale, but now I am super backed up on orders because of the dog. I was able to sneak upstairs and work on orders once a day, but not for as long as I needed because she really freaks out when I am up and moving around a lot. This week has been full of sitting quietly & snuggle time. I’m hoping she will be feeling better & I will get caught up with everything this coming week!
(above) Emma just after getting settled in at home after her teeth being pulled. We snuggled most of the evening.
(above) Emma hanging out on her fave dog bed & blanket. Yes, she has a super comfy blanket ON TOP of a super comfy dog bed. Spoiled much? 🙂
(above) Emma hanging out with me on the couch on a lazy Saturday morning. Notice my rainbow PJ pants? LOL And Mya took that super comfy dog bed on the floor.
- Emma is keeping us on our toes: Emma went to the vet to have her teeth cleaned because she has been needing it REALLY bad & when I went to pick up her liver meds earlier this week, they had a sign up for a teeth cleaning special going on. Luckily they had a cancellation for the next day & let me take that spot for Emma. During the pre-op, they checked all her bloodwork & her liver #’s were COMPLETELY NORMAL again!! YAY!! So it turns out that her liver thing must have just been due to an infection or something non-serious!! I am so relieved because I really thought something life threatening may be happening. I’m so thankful that I’m going to have a little healthy pup again 🙂
So during her teeth cleaning, they found two teeth that had to come out – a front little tooth & a big molar in the back. She came home still very drugged up & we had an absolutely horrible evening & night. Here’s what I wrote about it on Facebook the next morning:
“We had a really bad night with her coming off the anesthesia. She was restless and whimpered pretty much nonstop until bedtime. She slept from 11:30-2:30 then woke up and cried every 45mins to an hour. I finally just got up with her and laid with her on the couch at 6am. All this time I was giving her the pain meds exactly as prescribed and she wasn’t acting in pain at all, just like she was uncomfortable & kind of out of it. I tried everything I could think of during the night to comfort her. Talked to the vet first thing this AM. The vet said she may just be having a crazy reaction to the meds & it was making her loopy lol. So she said give her half a dose next time & watch for any signs of pain. Well since her half dose, she’s been GREAT! She slept for longer stretches and hasn’t been whining nonstop. Absolutely no signs of pain, she’s even been wagging her tail and wanting to play a tiny bit. I spent a lot of my day snuggling her or sitting quietly & not moving because she wakes up easily and will cry if I’m away from her ( I went out to get the mail and she went insane). I did get to sneak upstairs for a few hours and pack many orders until she woke up once. I was able to get lots of videos edited also.”
Friday, Saturday, & so far today, she has still been doing really well! She’s been sleeping through the night, but she’s still just been clingier than usual & wanting me to be with her pretty much non-stop. And I just stop everything and be with her.
After her pain pill she will lay down for a couple of hours at a time & sleep, but other than that, she is right there with me & wanting me to hold her or rub her. If y’all have been following me for any amount of time, you already know Emma is a super clingy dog to begin with lol.
And between the anti-inflamatories, the antibiotics, and the pain meds, this dog has to eat and/or take pills all day long! She’s kept me very occupied these past few days & I haven’t gotten much accomplished. I’d imagine this experience is good training for having a baby lol.
- We had a really nice Valentine’s Day. For holidays and birthdays, we generally celebrate twice – once at home & I cook something a little fancier (or unhealthier than usual lol) and then we go out to eat once, generally someplace more expensive than our usual outings or we order something out of our “normal” out to eat price range (we’re cheap! lol). We actually celebrated on Thursday and Friday. Thursday, hubby surprised me with flowers and a cute little stuffed animal. That night right after Emma got her pain meds & she started to get drowsy, we went out to eat real quick. There’s a new restaurant on our side of town called Cabo’s Cantina & Grill that we really enjoy so we went there. I had fajitas (EXCELLENT!!) and hubby had Salmon (also EXCELLENT!). Emma was still asleep when we got home so we timed it right 🙂 Then actually on V-day, I cooked crab legs (they were on sale the week before so I planned ahead lol) and pasta. Later that evening, I made a cookie cake.
I decided to move some of my scrap stuff to the living room so I could craft a bit while we watched some TV & chatted. I got to dig into my February Studio Calico kit, Sugar Rush. *swoon* It is a great kit!
Homemade cookie cake -my first time making it & it was delicious!
Fajita’s from Cabo’s
Got a little bit of scrapping done! I’ll be sharing my layouts with ya later this week.
And that’s pretty much our entire week in a nutshell!
I’VE GOT A GIVEAWAY!
I’m giving away a mystery stamp grab bag! To enter our giveaway:
1. Make sure you subscribe to our Youtube channel (hit subscribe over on the channel) or the blog (via blog-lovin or via email updates, you can find links to both in the sidebar).
2. Leave a comment on this blog post telling me: What was your favorite part of your week? Please note: comments under my video blurb I posted on youtube will not count for this giveaway, only blog comments.
FINE PRINT: International readers may participate. I will add a stamp set to the giveaway for every 50 entries so feel free to share this giveaway with all your crafty friends! This giveaway will end THIS SATURDAY at noon est. The winner will be posted next Sunday.
LAST WEEK’S WINNER
The winner of last week’s stamp sets is. . . .Tracy Creates!!!
Congrats!! Please email me at email@example.com to claim your prize. You have two weeks!
Thanks so much for stopping by & have a great start to your week!