Today I have a bullet point version of Sunday Scoop for you & my Studio Calico March kit unboxing videos for ya! My travels coming home were INSANE & I am still super sore from my botox migraine treatment so I just didn’t feel like getting all prettied up & being on camera. Instead of filming that, I have the unboxing videos 🙂
No new giveaway this week. I hosted a big giveaway on FB last week so I wanted to take a break this week & catch up on prize mailings.
Last week’s winner (Plumeria Pink binder & heart die tools) is: lovelymomn3
Our winner from the week before last (4 artist single stamps) is: Cherie Schumacher
Congrats winners! Please email me at email@example.com with your mailing info. You have TWO WEEKS to claim your prize.
Here are my unboxing videos:
And finally, Sunday Scoop! I don’t have many photos for you because I haven’t taken them off my phone yet.
- First, a bit of scrappy news! I was recently chosen to be a member of the Everyday Rituals design team! E R is a new shop that is going to be releasing journaling card packs. Their first pack is already available with many more to come in the future. I applied for their team because they have amazing style & their blog is extremely inspiring. The offer great tips for Project Lifers.
- I had a nice visit with my mom! We haven’t seen each other since July & it has been the longest time we’ve ever spent apart. It’s amazing how quickly a new town can become your new home. Her home no longer felt like my home. IL is definitely our home sweet home now & it’s been less than a year.
- Hubby’s dad actually came to town while I was there & we went to lunch. It was so great to see him!!
- I also got to see some family friends & the little girl I nannied who is getting close to turning FIVE!! I first started taking care of her when she was 13 months old. Boy, do I feel old! LOL
- I got to have my favorite food while I was there. I love this little Mexican restaurant & their chicken chimichangas are my absolute favorite thing. Unfortunately, I haven’t found anything that even comes close in our new town.
- It was great to see my neurologist again. I absolutely love this woman. Her botox treatment gave me my life back & I will always be thankful for the gift she has given me. She’s such a kind and caring person & she really cares about her patients. I’m just sad she’s not closer because I definitely can’t do this trip every 3-4 months for these treatments. I’m scheduled to go back in June, but then I am going to have to find another neurologist locally for this. The first one I found here that did the treatments was HORRIBLE & I won’t be going back to him.
- The treatment itself is always really painful (the second most painful thing I have experienced EVER. The first super painful thing being migraines.). This time it was even worse than usual because she used a much deeper needle to get it deeper into my muscles. The point of that is to make the treatment more effective & longer lasting. I had a few weeks of having migraines before going to this treatment so she just wanted to make sure that doesn’t happen as bad next time. I’m still having lots of soreness, but I am so glad to have the treatment done & I can go back to being practically migraine free again!! I’m always so thankful for this treatment.
- My flights to TN were smooth & easy, but I got caught in a snow storm driving up to Chicago. It took me 4.5hrs to drive what should have taken 2.5hrs. It was really scary for a while!! When I parked my car, I was in 6inches of snow!! Crazy!
- The flights back were totally horrible. The first one went perfectly. The second one got delayed for an hour. . . then 2 hours. . . then cancelled! They re-booked me on a 9:45PM flight. My original flight was supposed to leave at 10AM. Thankfully, I was able to get on a flight to the OTHER Chicago airport. Then the shuttles from that airport didn’t go directly to the other airport (I’d have to get on a few different buses), so I decided to take the most expensive taxi ride of my life lol. Then after that, I had to drive another 2.5hrs to get home. Through all the changes, it actually didn’t take me but a few more extra hours to get home, which I was really thankful for.
- I am SO SO happy to finally be home again. The traveling was really stressful on me & I got really homesick while I was gone. I was so happy to see hubby & the pups & Bob. I’ve just been relaxing & taking it easy the past 2 days since being home again. It’s been really nice to just spend time with hubby. Friday we went out for a date night & then Saturday we took walks with the dogs. Home sweet home!
- This week’s going to be a busy week for me with catching up on store orders, catching up on emails, and I’m working on a special project for something happening in April. In between all that, I hope to have lots of new printables & flair designs coming out this week 🙂
My favorite meal:
My mom’s new dog. She’s very active & this was the best photo I could get of her. She never stays still.
I watched a lot of TV the day after my treatment. Boy Meets World was on. YAY!
And here’s my Bella girl going on a walk with me. She’s blowing her coat right now & had just been brushed. What a pretty pup!
What was the highlight of your week?
So that’s it for today! I hope that you enjoyed checking out the new kits & hearing a bit about my trip! I will be back tomorrow with a Project Life tutorial for ya! Have a great start to your week & see you soon!