I’m a young adult in my mid-20’s & housewife (since 2014) and crafty blogger (since 2008). I live in Champaign, IL with my amazing hubby, 4 beautiful dogs, and 1 crazy canary.
We’ve finally settled into adult life after grad school life & I recently closed down my crafty online store, transitioning to housewife while we happily await our first baby’s arrival in Feb 2015! I plan on continuing to be a crafty blogger while being a stay at home mom.
HOW I GOT STARTED IN PAPER CRAFTING:
I’ve always been a very crafty person. Even as a small child I loved coloring books & kid’s crafting kits. I took after school art classes beginning in elementary school & have always loved art (oil painting, watercoloring, even sculpture). I continued art classes even through college in 2010. I studied pre-med in college with a double major and it was incredibly stressful. I had migraines a lot & I found paper crafting as an outlet. I started my blog in 2008 just to share some ideas. Well, at the time, I didn’t realize it would take over my life! I enjoyed blogging & crafting so much! I ended up not pursuing med school & decided to do paper crafting full time by starting my own stamp company. And I’ve been blogging ever since! My husband was SO encouraging and supportive. He doesn’t really understand my crafty obsession, but he does enjoy looking through my scrapbooks and remembering all our great memories. He would rather I didn’t spend quite so much money on scrap stuff. . . but that’s a whole other story!! lol
I love everything about paper crafting – the design process, the colors, the products, the sense of accomplishment when a project is completed, and the warm fuzzies I get when sharing my projects & ideas with you.
MY OTHER INTERESTS:
These are a few of my other favorite things. . .
- Music – I could listen to music 24/7. I nearly always have it on in the background during the day, & I frequently break out in song & dance. My tastes are pretty eclectic. I love pretty much everything, and I mean nearly EVERYTHING – Oldies, Classic Rock, Alternative, Rap, Pop, anything from the 90’s, classical, anything Mumford & Sons or Dave Matthews Band, . . .EXCEPT country music, but there there are even a few country songs I love (Garth Brooks “Standing outside the fire”, anyone?!). My current playlist includes Foo Fighters, Flo Rida, Alicia Keys, the Nutcracker soundtrack, Journey, Sublime, Les Miserables soundtrack, Mumford & Sons, Reel Big Fish, No Doubt, Queen, Green Day, Florence + the Machine, and Hanson just to name a few. I was one of those kids with a HUGE collection of CD’s lol.
- Baking – I love baking it way more than I enjoy eating it though (I love salty snacks!). Except I do like to lick the spoon 🙂
- Cooking – I love trying out new recipes & experimenting with my own recipes. I cook almost every meal we eat.
- Reading – I mostly enjoy psychology/motivational/self-help/productivity type of books, but I enjoy a non-fiction from time to time.
- Planning/Dreaming – I guess this goes hand in hand with being a creative-type. I am idea-haver. I like to plan out a lot more than I could ever possibly accomplish or do. I am just always thinking & I am always planning.
- Organizing – I enjoy having a place for everything, & everything in its place. I constantly try to improve on our home organization. And I love organizing my scrap room 🙂
MORE ABOUT MY LIFE:
I grew up with an amazingly hard-working single mother. We moved around a lot when I was a kid -Knoxville, Cheyenne, back to Knoxville, Denver, Oak Ridge (3rd time in TN is the charm right?). For most of my childhood it was just mom & me.
During high school I met my husband, Johnny & we quickly became best friends. In 2005 we officially started dating (we were already very much in love before we even had our first kiss!). We finished high school. We went to college together at University of TN -Knoxville. I graduated with a BS in Biochemistry/ BA in Psychology in 2010. Near the end of my college life & while Johnny continued on to grad school, I decided to pursue paper crafting full time. We finally got married on 1/11/11! He’s everything I ever hoped for in a man & more. He’s encouraged me to always follow my dreams & I always encourage him to do the same. He graduated with a MS in Computer & Electrical Engineering in 2013 & got hired at his first job before his degree was even completed!
Because of hubby’s new career, we recently moved to Champaign, IL (a small farmy college town) in Summer 2013. We bought our first house that same summer & we’ve been loving adulthood ever since.
I’m just enjoying our new life & our new town as much as possible! We’re expecting our first child February 2015! You can follow along with your pregnancy journey on my family Youtube channel if you are interested in keeping up with us.